Based in Toronto, Canada
April 6th, 2017
Skillfully pilot the Graceful Explosion Machine, a fighter ship armed with a ludicrously overpowered quad-weapon array! Lost in deep space, you'll shoot, dash and combo your way through jewel-hued alien worlds, fighting crystalline enemies to find a way home.
The GEM fighter is the most advanced single pilot fighter in the galaxy, offering precise controls, nimble movement, and devastating firepower.
The follow up to Vertex Pop's cult classic shooter WE ARE DOOMED, Graceful Explosion Machine takes everything designer Mobeen Fikree is passionate about in shooters and distills it to pure arcade-style experience!
- A blisteringly intense side-scrolling arcade shooter experience.
- Quad-weapon array gives the player four unique and devastatingly powerful weapons at all times.
- Fast paced skill-based action, featuring a deep combo system and scoring mechanics.
- 30+ levels across 4 unique worlds.
- Visuals bursting with vibrant colour, bold lines, and geometric enemy designs.
- Analogue and digital synthesizer driven soundtrack.
- Extensive ranking and stats for each level encourages replay and perfecting the game combo systems.
- Score attack mode: a finely-tuned experience for wracking up big scores! Perfect for streaming.
Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Featured at Indie MEGABOOTH." PAX East 2016, PAX West 2016
- "Featured at PlayStation Experience." December 2016
About Vertex Pop
Vertex Pop is an independent videogame developer run by Mobeen Fikree. Mobeen designs minimalistic videogames with a focus on mechanics, game feel and responsive controls.
More information on Vertex Pop, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Graceful Explosion Machine Credits
Design + Programming
Art + Visual Design
Music + Sound Design
Producer + Marketing
Producer + Project Management